The northern New Jersey law firm of Helfand & Associates, conveniently located on Route 10 East in Whippany, provides legal services for individuals, families, and small businesses throughout the State of New Jersey.
Our attorneys blend a wealth of experience as negotiators and litigators in multiple areas of practice. We represent clients in Superior Court, U.S. Bankruptcy Court and municipal courts throughout the state.
The firm covers a wide range of casework in the following areas:
- Divorce – irreconcilable differences, extreme cruelty, adultery, constructive abandonment
- Child Support – guidelines and child support above guidelines
- Child Custody & Visitation – Father’s and Mother’s contested, mediated, shared custody, supervised visitation
- Spousal Support – limited duration, rehabilitative, negotiated, permanent, lump sum
- Discovery – subpoenas, obtaining data from uncooperative spouse, investigation, experts
- Distribution of Assets – pensions, homes, businesses, offsetting assets, payout plans
- Distribution of Debts – indemnification, bankruptcy options, protection from creditors, IRS
- Marriage Settlement Agreements - pre-nuptial agreements (including civil union agreements and palimony agreements), custody, support agreements, temporary and permanent agreements
- Domestic Violence – representing victim and defending accused, harassment, assault, criminal mischief, statutory criteria, Superior Court, Municipal Court
- Child Abuse/Child Neglect – substance abuse, drug and alcohol problems as it relates to custody and parenting rights
- Removal of a child from the State
- Division of Child Protection and Permanency (DCP&P)
- Restraining Orders
- Mediation of most issues listed above.
- Divorce In The U.S. When You Are From A Different Culture And Country – divorce related to immigration issues, India, China, Ireland, Russia
- Chapter 7
- Chapter 13
- Foreclosures, debt consolidation and negotiation
- Bankruptcy and debt as it relates to divorce
- Traffic Tickets
- Name Changes – Driver’s License
- Domestic Violence
- Juvenile Offenses
- Municipal Court Defense
- Division of Motor Vehicle hearings
- Plea Agreements, PTI and conditional discharge applications, trial
- Auto accidents
- Slip and fall
If you have questions about our practice areas or need legal advice concerning divorce, domestic violence, bankruptcy, workers’ comp, Municipal Court, or guardianship matters, we invite you to call our Whippany office at (973) 428-0800 to learn how an attorney with our firm can help you resolve your legal problem.