Family Lawyers in Florham Park, NJ Provide Experienced and Dedicated Counsel
Skillful advocacy for high-asset divorces and other legal matters
Divorce is never easy, but breakups among couples with substantial marital assets and demanding professional lives can be very challenging. There is considerable data and complex financial and tax analysis necessary. Choosing the right team to properly resolve the “money” portion (RSUs, savings, bonuses, tax strategies, capital gains, pensions, business ownerships and buyouts). If there are issues relating to children this too, of course, requires proper negotiations and expertise concerning the law and the process. No matter how complex your legal issues might be, finding the right team and lawyer to work with is extremely important to a successful resolution. At Schenck Price, based in Florham Park, Tanya Helfand has the skill and experience to provide effective counsel on sophisticated family law matters. Over 95% of her cases settle. In every case, she understands her clients have a great deal at stake. She understands divorce is a difficult process. She works to guide all of her clients to have the best relationship with their children after divorce – the kids come first. She also believes that her clients should make all efforts to have a businesslike and fair resolution of their finances. Most of the time this can be done with proper strategies. If alternative dispute resolution does not work, Tanya is prepared to litigate. Tanya takes a personalized approach to each case, developing a strategy tailored to your needs and ensuring that you are fully informed every step of the way.
Attorneys provide effective, compassionate guidance during difficult times
For more than two decades, New Jersey residents have trusted Tanya Helfand and recommended her to others for numerous reasons, including the following:
- Community reputation — Tanya Helfand has successfully handled thousands of family law matters for Garden State clients, including heavily contested high net worth divorces. Courts and adversarial attorneys know the high level of advocacy she provides and gives her clients the respect they deserve. Tanya is a court-appointed mediator and a matrimonial law attorney certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- Caring counsel — You are never just a file to Tanya. She cares about you, your children and the financial security you’ve worked so hard to establish. Her mission is to listen to your concerns and then provide effective guidance until you achieve the result you seek.
- Skillful advocacy — Whether your legal challenge can be resolved through settlement or requires litigation to accomplish your goals, she has the ability to identify and execute the strategy that works best for you. She works as a team with her clients.
In a free half-hour consultation, Tanya will learn about your situation and outline the legal steps that are necessary to secure a favorable resolution through negotiation, mediation or litigation.
Tanya Helfand is a certified matrimonial attorney who can advocate for you. She can also serve as a neutral for both parties to resolve the core issues. However, she cannot serve as both a mediator and lawyer in Court under the ethics rules. The firm handles cases in Bergen, Hudson, Morris, Union, Somerset, Essex, Sussex and Passaic County.
Effective advocates tackle tough divorce issues
When it’s time to end a marriage, we all want a quick, amicable divorce. Unfortunately, disagreements over parenting and financial terms usually arise. Tanya helps spouses understand the laws relating to alimony, child custody, child support and asset protection. She functions as a strong advocate and has helped clients overcome major obstacles during bitter battles over parenting plans and the division of valuable property, including real estate, investments and business assets. If you are not prepared to pursue a final divorce, she can help you with a plan for separation. You can have every confidence in her ability to deliver the results you need.
A full-service family law firm
In addition to divorce, Schenck Price’s attorneys assist with numerous other family law concerns, including:
- Child custody modifications as well as Division of Child Protection and Permanency hearings and investigations.
- Domestic violence incidents and restraining order representation
- Prenuptial agreements
- Father's rights/customized parenting arrangements
- Post-judgment modifications of child support and alimony due to change in circumstances such as loss of employment or retirement.
We handle all cases with the highest levels of professionalism and service.
Our legal team also handles other types of legal matters, including:
- Bankruptcy — We help couples and individuals file for bankruptcy protection under Chapters 7 and 13.
- Estate Planning – Simple Wills, Powers of Attorney, Guardianships. (The divorce does not affect your estate plan until the divorce is finalized. It makes sense to update your documents.)
- Workers' compensation — If you have been hurt on the job, but your workers’ compensation claim was denied, we can assist you in appealing that decision. Our firm helps clients secure benefits and negotiate fair disability settlements.
- Defense against municipal and Superior Court charges — Our firm provides criminal defense representation for various infractions including those relating to family matters, as well as traffic violations and DWI.
No matter what challenge you bring to us, we are clear and upfront about the law, the cost and the possible outcomes. Our mission is to give you the knowledge you need to make reasonable and informed decisions.