Family Lawyers in Whippany, NJ Provide Experienced and Dedicated Counsel
Skillful advocacy for high-asset divorces and other legal matters
Divorce is never easy, but breakups among couples with substantial marital assets and demanding professional lives can be very challenging. There is considerable data and complex financial and tax analysis necessary. Choosing the right team to properly resolve the “money” portion (RSUs, savings, bonuses, tax strategies, capital gains, pensions, business ownerships and buyouts). If there are issues relating to children this too, of course, requires proper negotiations and expertise of the law and the process. No matter how complex your legal issues might be, finding the right team, law office and lawyer, to work with is extremely important to a successful resolution. At Helfand & Associates in Whippany and Paramus, we have the skill and experience to provide effective counsel on sophisticated family law matters. Over 95% of our cases settle. In every case, we understand our clients have a great deal at stake. We understand divorce is a difficult process. We work to guide all of our clients to have the best relationship with their children after divorce – the kids come first. We also believe that our clients should make all efforts to have a businesslike and fair resolution of their finances. Most of the time this can be done with proper strategies. If alternative dispute resolution does not work, we are prepared to litigate. As a boutique firm, we take a personalized approach to each case, developing a strategy tailored to your needs and ensuring that you are fully informed every step of the way.
Attorneys provide effective, compassionate guidance during difficult times
For more than two decades, New Jersey residents have trusted us and recommended us to others for numerous reasons, including the following:
- Community reputation — Our lawyers have successfully handled thousands of family law matters for Garden State clients, including heavily contested high net worth divorces. Courts and adversarial attorneys know the high level of advocacy we provide and give our clients the respect they deserve. Firm principal Tanya Helfand is a court-appointed mediator and a matrimonial law attorney certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey
- Caring counsel — You are never just a file at our firm. We care about you, your children and the financial security you’ve worked so hard to establish. Our mission is to listen to your concerns and then provide effective guidance until you achieve the result you seek.
- Skillful advocacy — Whether your legal challenge can be resolved through settlement or requires litigation to accomplish your goals, we have the ability to identify and execute the strategy that works best for you. We work as a team with our clients.
In a free half-hour consultation, we will learn about your situation and outline the legal steps that are necessary to secure a favorable resolution through negotiation, mediation or litigation.
Tanya Helfand is a certified matrimonial attorney who can advocate for you. She can also serve as a neutral for both parties to resolve the core issues. She cannot serve as both a mediator and lawyer in Court under the ethics rules. The firm handles cases in Bergen, Hudson, Morris, Union, Somerset, Essex, Sussex and Passaic County.
Effective advocates tackle tough divorce issues
When it’s time to end a marriage, we all want a quick, amicable divorce. Unfortunately, disagreements over parenting and financial terms usually arise. We help spouses understand the laws relating to alimony, child custody, child support and asset protection. Our attorneys function as strong advocates and have helped clients overcome major obstacles during bitter battles over parenting plans and the division of valuable property, including real estate, investments and business assets. If you are not prepared to pursue a final divorce, we can help you with a plan for separation. You can have every confidence in our ability to deliver the results you need.
A full-service family law firm
In addition to divorce, our attorneys assist with numerous other family law concerns, including:
- Child custody modifications as well as Division of Child Protection and Permanency hearings and investigations.
- Domestic violence incidents and restraining order representation
- Prenuptial agreements
- Father's rights/customized parenting arrangements
- Post-judgment modifications of child support and alimony due to change in circumstances such as loss of employment or retirement.
We handle all cases with the highest levels of professionalism and service.
Our legal team also handles other types of legal matters, primarily:
- Bankruptcy — We help couples and individuals file for bankruptcy protection under Chapters 7 and 13.
- Estate Planning – Simple Wills, Powers of Attorney, Guardianships. (The divorce does not affect your estate plan until the divorce is finalized. It makes sense to update your documents.)
- Workers' compensation — If you have been hurt on the job, but your workers’ compensation claim was denied, we can assist you in appealing that decision. Our firm helps clients secure benefits and negotiate fair disability settlements.
- Defense against municipal and Superior court charges — Our firm provides criminal defense representation for various infractions including those relating to family matters, as well as traffic violations and DWI.
No matter what challenge you bring to us, we are clear and upfront about the law, the cost and the possible outcomes. Our mission is to give you the knowledge you need to make reasonable and informed decisions.
Contact a dedicated Morris County family law attorney for a free half-hour consultation
Helfand & Associates represents New Jersey clients in family law proceedings and other types of cases. We are a boutique law firm that provides personalized attention in every case we undertake. Please call (973) 428-0800 or contact us online to schedule a free half-hour consultation by phone or Zoom. We appear regularly in counties throughout New Jersey – Bergen, Essex, Hudson, Passaic, Morris, Somerset, Sussex and Union.